Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Frugal vs. Survival

Here at our house we have went into survival mode, as I am having extreme morning-noon-night sickness. With 2 2-year olds to keep up with, it is all about just getting the necessary things done. I cannot handle the smell of food cooking right now so the budget has really had to be adjusted. Breakfast is cold cereal, lunch is peanut butter and jelly, and dinner is at a restaurant/take out usually. This is a big change for us as I used to meal plan and make dinner each night. Thanks to our usual frugal ways we can afford to do this for awhile as a way of making life easier. And of course, the end result is worth it. As with a lot of things in parenting, it is only a stage. Soon enough we will be back to our frugal meals. There is a season for everything. I am a huge advocate for the frugal life but there are times when it is just about survival. With all that said, I am sad to say I will be saying good-bye to this blog. I will probably come back to it because I am passionate about frugal and debt free living but for now I need to take a break from it to simplify life. I hope you all have been inspired and encouraged.

3 comments:

AmberJ said...

So sad! Although I completely understand the need to simplify. You are missed already. Please come back soon.

The Keevy Family said...

Just take care of yourself! Good for you for knowing when to say no and not over commit yourself. If you change your mind though...I'd be glad to read more soon. When is your baby due?

Mara said...

Hey there...I'll miss checking in on your blog. I've been encouraged by it! I think Congrats are in order!!! You can visit me at my blog at www.mastersmoments.blogspot.com