Friday, September 5, 2008

Mommies Making Money

This week Dave Ramsey had a TV show dedicated to how stay at home moms make money. I am a huge advocate for moms staying at home as much as possible. Raising you children is the most important job you will ever have. I also know, however that a lot of families cannot survive on just one income. I am very blessed to have a job I love that is willing to let me work the days my husband is off. This is great for many different reasons. I can keep up my skills, get out of the house, and the Man gets regular alone time with the kiddos. If working part time around your husbands job is not an option, there are also other things you can do. The women calling in had some great ideas:

1. Cleaning houses

2. Selling home-made soap

3. Decorating cakes

4. Childcare

5. Freelance writing

Some women started up their own businesses from their homes. The main thing to remember when doing this is do something you have a lot of knowledge on and NEVER build a business with debt-pay cash as you go.

I also think of my frugalness and coupon clipping as a part time job. It is very important to handle the finances well and make your money stretch. If you are a stay at home mom, this responsibility will probably fall mostly to you. So get on a budget and stick to it, girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am loking for the website for the woman who made the homemade soaps. She was one of the women that Dave interviewed. Any help?