Friday, July 11, 2008

ERRR Walmart!


I have a love hate relationship with Walmart. I love the deals I can get there but I hate dealing with the incompetent employees (notice the Walmart sign). Well, yesterday was the worst. I got all my groceries, went to the check out stand, put my coupons first like I always do, the checker scanned and bagged all my groceries, scanned all my coupons, I signed for my debit card and then the machine beeped. So she calls for a manager. It takes 20 minutes for the fake manager to come and meanwhile they have no other check stands open so everyone behind me is getting really mad. FINALLY the fake manager comes and tells me they don't take Internet coupons. Now I always preach to all my readers that you must know each of your stores policies so I KNOW Walmart takes Internet coupons because their coupon policies are on their website and I have read them. I tell her to get the real manager so he comes over (after another 15 minutes) and tells me the same nonsense. He tells me they just changed their policies yesterday to which I say I want to see it in writing. Of course he doesn't have anything saying this. Now the old lady behind me is pissed and starts yelling at the manager some very choice expletives telling me he better let me get my groceries. I tell him I have been standing in line for 45 minutes and my frozen groceries are half melted and he can't put them back on the shelf. He says he would rather throw them away then give them to me (even though I was going to pay him $82!). At this point I am so mad that I can see why people go postal so I decide it may be my time to leave. Before I leave though I tell him he can bet this will not be the end it and he is going to wish he hadn't done this (okay, at this point I am not really in a good place because I am so mad). So when I get home I call corporate and and tell them what a horrible experience the manager John created for me and how he doesn't know his own stores policies. They apologize profusely to me because, of course they take internet coupons and say they are going to look into it and call me back. Later that day I call John again (hey, I did warn him that I wasn't dropping it) and it seems after his corporate manager called him his tuned changed. Suddenly he was very apologetic, saying yes they take internet coupons and he was very sorry. I tell him sorry isn't good enough so he gives me a $25 gift card. The moral of the story is in addition to knowing each stores coupon policies have it PRINTED OUT and keep it with your coupons. I also have the district managers name and number should I ever have this problem again.
Along these same lines you do need to be careful about fraudulent coupons. Of course NEVER photocopy coupons (that is illegal). Some times fraudulent coupons can be hard to spot so freebies4mom has a great post with some tips.

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

Dude, you are a bad-a. I get embarresed just using my WIC checks. More power to you. Plus I used my free lunchmeat coupon. It was awesome.