Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Recession"


Today I was watching Dave Ramsey and he brought up a great point I want to share. If you watch the news at all-you probably have some anxiety. I'm always hearing about this "recession" we are in (which we aren't) and how bad things are financially. Yes, the economy has slowed down but seriously let's keep things in perspective.
Things are apparently so bleak but the movie Batman set a record of 155 million sales this weekend! That is the most any movie has made on opening weekend. And, we all know movie tickets cost a small fortune-but a lot of people spent their money on them.
You know who is to blame for your financial situation-YOU. The debt I am trying to get out of is my own stupid fault. Of course, it is easier to blame it on the economy or the president. But really I'm the one in control of my money. Do you need to increase your income? Work more hours, go to college, apply for a different job. Do you need to get control of your spending? Take a financial class, read a book, make a budget. Stop blaming the economy and control the only thing you can-you.
And you know a great thing about this economic slow down? Stock is on SALE! It is a great time to invest.

2 comments:

AmberJ said...

Wow, this is a great post! Thanks for reminding everyone that things are not as bad certain people want to make us think they are and that it could always be worse.

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

Well, we added to the Batman sales here, but it was thanks to Albertsons's GM deal! lol

Seriously, it does crack me up when I listen to people I know talk about never having any money - but yet they are always buying things they don't need! (Who needs 4 wheels for the Wii, or 20 different games, anyways?!)