Sunday, July 13, 2008

FREE Silky Blanket


Princessa, like a lot of small kids loves the blankets with the silky ribbons on them. I didn't want to spend $20 on one so I came up with this great idea that was FREE. I cut off a bunch of silky tags from our clothes and had my MIL sew them all along the edge of a blanket someone had given us. She loves her blankie and I love the price! Next time you are tempted to buy something you think you really need, think outside the box. You not only will save money-you are recycling.

5 comments:

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law did that for Madalyn and she loves it, it's her favorite blanket!

Unknown said...

You always come up with such great ideas!!

Carpenters said...

That is such a great idea. I agree with Kelley; you come up with the greatest ideas. Alexandra might like something like that. I may have to add this to my sewing project list. Thanks.

With Love,
Penelope

Andy said...

love this. little guy is obsessed with tags but when he got the taggie brand books he doesn't like them as much. he will find a tag on anything. i will be feeding him because he's really hungary and then he sees the tag on his bib and he wants to put that in his mouth all of a sudden and doesn't care to eat. crazy. cute idea!